Saturday, June 5, 2010

Welcome to the Movies


Kenya. Austria. Belize. Japan. These are some of the places my friends are visiting this summer. What faraway place did I choose to study abroad, instead of attending classes at Auburn, you ask? None other than Carrollton, Georgia, where I was born and raised.

Since I am only taking a few classes at the local university, I have charged myself with a mission: watch all 100 of AFI's 100 Greatest Movies of All Time (the 2007 updated version). From dramas like #1 "Citizen Kane" to horror shockers like #14 "Psycho," and from romantic comedies like #80 "The Apartment" to modern science fiction classics like #15 "2001: A Space Odyssey," I am sure to cover the gamut of American film and hopefully learn a little something about myself along the way.

I hope to update this blog frequently with my reactions and reviews to each of the one hundred films, and I hope you will choose to follow along as I embark on what is sure to be one of the most boring, yet pop-culturally enlightening, summers of my life.

1 comment:

  1. aww, the Apartment! I saw the musical based on that in nyc!

    I'm really excited that you're doing this. At least partially because it's proof that I'm not the only one not studying abroad this summer. ;-)

    love love

    ReplyDelete